700-155-003 Rockhard Chromate Primer, containing SVHC Pentazinc Chromate Octahydroxide (ZTC), EC No 256-418-0
The European Commission has recently published its decision to grant an authorisation for the following uses of pentazinc chromate octahydroxide (EC No 256-418-0)
|REACH/19/26/0||Formulation of mixtures.|
|REACH/19/26/1||Use in stoved epoxy primer (700-155-003 Rockhard Chromate Primer) for corrosion protection of aircraft engine components in aerospace and aeroderivative applications.|
According to Article 66 of the REACH Regulation ((EC) No. 1907/2006) any company using 700- 155-003 Rockhard Chromate Primer needs to notify ECHA about their use, unless they are also holders of authorisation for the use. Users of 700-155-003 need to inform ECHA of their use within three months of the first supply of the substance after the authorisation decision has been published in the Official Journal of the European Union (17/07/2019). Else, the use is not in compliance with the REACH Regulation.
You can find further information about the downstream user notifications process at:
To make this notification as easy as possible and facilitate the notifiers also to inform you about their use. Please be aware of the following:
- Please include the authorisation numbers in section 2 of the safety data sheet, as per the requirement of the authorisation decision. (also reported in Section 15)
- Please meet the obligation to notify uses to ECHA within three (3) months of the authorization decision published date of 17/July/2019.
- Please advise your direct customers to inform their customers in the same manner if the authorisation covers also their use.
- For Indestructible Paint customers (and their customers) please use the following web page: http://echa.europa.eu/support/dossier-submission-tools/reach-it/downstream-user- authorised-use This web page has also instructions on how Downstream Users can submit notifications to ECHA.
- The authorisation decision for REACH/19/26/1 requires Downstream Users to provide to ECHA information from regular (at least annual) occupational measurements, including contextual information. The first measurements shall be conducted the latest twelve months from the date of the decision. This information, shall be provided to ECHA, who will then forward it to Indestructible, for the purpose of preparing a potential review report before the expiry of the authorisation review period. Please inform your customers (and their possible customers) that the required data needs to be provided as an attachment in their notifications. The deadline for downstream users to submit this information is twelve months from the date of the decision. As the deadline for the notification may be earlier than the deadline for the additional required data, downstream users can provide this data in an update of their notification, by the deadline set in the decision. Instructions about how you can retrieve the attachments that your downstream users will submit to ECHA can be found at the end of this letter.
- Concurrently with authorization holder activities ECHA provide to notifiers information about the public version of the Commission’s decision as well as your e-mail address as per contact that you have assigned to the respective uses in your REACH-IT account: email@example.com. This will enable the users of your substance to easily provide information about their use directly to you. Such information should be helpful should you wish to prepare a review report before the expiry of the authorisation. Should you wish that we would provide another e-mail address, please update the information in your REACH-IT account accordingly.
Should you wish to have additional information or give comments please do not hesitate to contact ECHA. This would be appreciated so that ECHA can make the downstream user notification system to work well. ECHA contact point is Elina Liopa (firstname.lastname@example.org).