Job Title: Production Operative
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Indestructible are looking for someone to carry out the role of production operative in accordance with Standard Operating procedures in a safe and cost-effective manner to produce products and intermediates.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities:
- To participate in the manufacture and filling of coatings to specifications set out in company formulations.
- Accurately measure materials, both liquids and solids, and load into production machinery or containers.
- Adhere to Health and Safety standards within the Production Department, including the efficient and safe use of machinery and equipment.
- Operate production line equipment to meet production schedules.
- Report equipment faults to line management.
- Monitor the production process and carrying out basic testing and quality checks.
- Pack goods ready for shipment.
- Clean and maintain work areas and machinery.
- To work within the Production team and to provide support in all roles as required.
- Ensure the housekeeping standard is maintained at a very good level of cleanliness and order and prevent contamination.
- Develop knowledge of company quality policies and procedures.
- Undertake the relevant training and development.
- To undertake all other duties and responsibilities as are reasonably required commensurate with your skills and abilities and the needs of the company.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- GCSE in Maths and English
- A logical approach to work with the ability to work quickly and methodically
- Good communications skills
- Able to listen, understand and carry out instructions
- Able to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good practical skills
- Be able to focus on the Health & Safety aspects within all areas of the role and engagement within the company. Ensuring the compliance with the PPE equipment regulations and health and safety due diligence.
- To be knowledgeable in the use of internal systems, Microsoft programs and other products used within the company.
- To develop positive relationships with all engagements, in addition to developing the reputation and image of Indestructible Paint at all levels.
- To support effective team working throughout the organisation.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to Stephen Salter: SSalter@indestructible.co.uk before 30th September 2018.